Up for sale is our ex-drummer Daniel Liljkvist’s drum kit that was used for the ’Night Is the New Day’ and ’Dead End Kings’ studio recording/live touring cycles. Now here’s your chance to give it a new home and make your own music with it, or if drums aren’t your thing, hey no worries, this will keep you covered that day you’ll be running out of firewood too! Softcases included. Hardware not included. Pick-up preferred. If interested, make an offer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DRUMCRAFT SERIES 8 BIRCH ELECTRIC BLACK | DRUMKIT
- DRUMCRAFT SERIES 8 | BASS DRUM 22”X 20”
- DRUMCRAFT SERIES 8 | RACK TOM 12”X 9”
- DRUMCRAFT SERIES 8 | FLOOR TOM 14”X 12”
- DRUMCRAFT SERIES 8 | FLOOR TOM 16”X 14”
- DRUMCRAFT SERIES 8 | SNARE 14”X 6.5”
Katatonia will return to Vagos Open Air on August 5th, 2016.
Katatonia are confirmed to play Metaltown Indoors, Gothenburg, Sweden on March 12, 2016.
We’d like to thank Tomas ’Plytet’ Åkvik for his time playing with the band as our session live guitarist. Unfortunately due to the extensive plans with the new album cycle it collides with his other commitments, so Tomas last gig with the band will be the 70000 tons of metal cruise in January.
Meanwhile, we’re already looking at a few candidates, but will also accept submissions for the guitar position through our management Northern Music Company. So apply if, and only if, you meet the following criteria:
- You are 100% into Katatonia’s current sound, but also well aware of the band’s entire history.
- You have good singing abilities and are able to perform live backing vocals.
- You are an allround guitar player with good skills to play lead/solo guitar.
- You have live experience.
- You are a fast learner.
- You are between 25-40 years old.
- You have a considerable head start if you already live in Sweden (ideally Stockholm) and speak swedish.
If you can tick off all the above, then please email: email@example.com with the subject line ”guitarist submission” and include:
- Personal description with photos.
- Musical biography/discography.
- Links to audio/videos of you playing and performing (do not attach any audio or video in the email, only links are accepted!)
Thank you and good luck!
We’re proud to announce that Daniel ’Mojjo’ Moilanen has officially, as of today, joined Katatonia as our new permanent drummer!
Jonas recalls: ”We first met Mojjo back in 2009 where his band at the time, Engel, had joined us and Paradise Lost on a UK tour and we soon realized we shared the same musical background and ideals. We stayed in touch over the years and when Daniel Liljekvist quit Katatonia in 2014 we decided to give Mojjo a call. He has now been with us for well over a year, so far only as a session live member, but now is the time for him to join the Katatonia album cycle and most importantly – make his own impression on our new material. We can’t wait to see what this will lead to. Love him up!”.
Mojjo adds: “From 1993 via 2009 to 2014, from today and onward into future battles. I am thankful, delighted and proud to take part in the next phase of Katatonia and I am looking forward to the journey being as giving as it has been for the last 22 years.”
Today we also entered Studio Gröndahl with engineer Karl Daniel Lidén to commence the recording of our 10th album. Thanks to Tama drums, Meinl cymbals, Promark drumsticks and Evans drumheads Mojjo has already started doing what he does best, hitting stuff with grace! Stay tuned and follow the progress on our Facebook.
Katatonia will appear at Hellfest Open Air, Clisson, France on 19th June. Tickets available here.
Katatonia will appear at Tuska Open Air, Helsinki, Finland on Sunday July 3rd, 2016. Tickets are available here.
Katatonia are confirmed to play the 70000 Tons of Metal Cruise heading Florida to Jamaica and back on Febraury 4-8th, 2016.
We’re pleased to announce the first show for 2016 – Karmøygeddon Festival in Kopervik, Norway on April 29th.
Katatonia are confirmed to play Devilstone Open Air, Anykščiai, Lithuania on July 17th and it’s with great pleasure we get to visit Lithuania for the first time ever!